Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Jimi Hendrix Concerts



I can't exactly remember when I purchased this record, but I do remember hearing Red House and Hey Joe live on this album and thinking that I couldn't get any closer to music than these two songs brought me. It's almost frustrating to close your eyes and listen to some of this music because it feels unattainable somehow - does that make sense? This is the kind of music you can feel from your toes to your fingertips. It's funny, I wouldn't consider myself a huge Jimmy Hendrix fan now, and certainly not the kind of music I normally bought when I was a teenager, but this double album is epic.

Songs:
Side One:

Fire
I Don't Live Today
Red House

Side Two:
Stone Free
Are You Experienced

Side Three:
Little Wing
Voodoo Chile
Bleeding Heart

Side Four:
Hey Joe
Wild Thing
hear My Train A Comin'

1 comment: